Sunday, January 19, 2014



ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY:  BEGINNING



I have been so fortunate this past year to have illustrated about 10 books for other authors... it paid the bills and a good time was had for the most part.  But... I'm bored.  As I work on the vision of others, whimsical little thoughts of my own creep into my mind's eye in the midnight hours.

As opposed to the big bold gouache and intense ink pencils I've been working with this past year, I am yearning for softness, a subtleness of sorts of simple forms combined with textures, collage, text.

And so I'm committed to do one illustration a week for me.  No deadlines, no vision of someone else's book, just because I want to.  How fitting that this week's Illustration Friday challenge is entitled "Beginning".  And so it is... my first attempt at pastels, text collage and the simplistic form.  I must admit that soft, simple forms are really a challenge for me.  But I do relish in a new beginning.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

**~~ Thanks so much for leaving a comment...
I love to hear what you're thinking!~~**